Monday, June 15, 2009

Redhot Chick'n Salad

I love buffalo chicken wings. They are one of my favorite "bar" foods and I can hardly resist ordering them when I do go out to a place that has good wings, but they're not really that good for you. I know, you're shocked! Deep fried chicken, buttery hot sauce, tastes great, but not good for the diet! For my birthday I got the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook and one of the first recipes I tagged as a "must try" was the redhot chick'n salad. Because I like spicy food, I of course added more of the hot sauce, almost double in fact, and I think when I make it next time, I'll probably add even more. I like it hot!

Redhot Chick'n Salad
from Hungry Girl

6 ounces cooked skinless lean chicken breast, cubed
3 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
3 tbsp. chopped celery
3 tbsp. chopped carrots
2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-stype grated topping
1 1/2 tsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (I used 2 1/2 tsp...and would probably go up to 3 next time)
1/2 tsp. dry ranch dressing mix

In medium bowl, combine mayo, Frank's, and ranch mix and stir well. Add chicken, celery and carrot to the mayo mixture and stir. Sprinkle parmessan topping and stir again.

This makes two servings and I scooped it into whole wheat tortillas for a wrap which worked great for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment