Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cream of Zucchini Soup

I was on my own for dinner last night, and we had a large pack of zucchini that needed to be used, so, I decided to try my hand at a new soup. I have to say that although I liked it, the flavors could be stronger. I think I'd add more garlic and maybe I didn't use enough zucchini...other than that, it was simple, it was easy and it tasted fresh. I'd make it again!

Cream of Zucchini Soup

1/2 small onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic
3 small zucchini skin on cut in large chunks
32 oz fat free chicken stock
2 tbsp lite sour cream
salt
pepper

Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a medium pot and cook on medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the sour cream. Using an immersion blender, purée until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.

Optional: Top with 2 tsp parmesan cheese

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought zucchini is kind of bland on it's own, I always spice it up a lot! So, would you use more than two cloves of garlic, or is two cloves your recommendation after making it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailey, yes, I used two cloves of garlic and thought it could have still used more...although I used the already crushed bottled kind, so maybe if I had used fresh cloves it would have been fine.

    ReplyDelete