Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PB Nana Poppers

I've had a few requests for some particular recipes on the blog, including a few more "low-calorie" desserts. As I've mentioned in my previous post, I'm going through the Hungry Girl cookbook I received this month, so you may be seeing a few of my experiments posted up here, including this one. This book has an entire chapter devoted to Cool Whip Free, and for some reason my book kept falling open to one recipe in particular. It was nothing fancy, but every time I flipped through the book, it caught my eye. It's easy, tastes great and obviously low in calories (only 108 per serving!)!

PB Nana Poppers
Hungry Girl 200 under 200

1 banana (sliced into 20 slices)
2 tbsp. Cool Whip Free
1 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter

In a small bowl, combine Cool Whip and peanut butter. Spread mixture on 10 of the banana slices and top with additional 10 slices. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour. (mine took more like 1.5 hours) or until frozen.

Serves 2 (5 poppers per serving)

I really did love this recipe, I've thought of other ways to change it up, and the one that's floating through my mind right now is to roll the poppers (along the sides) in some of those mini chocolate chips. This would obviously change the calorie count, but probably only by about 50-70 calories per serving. Let me know if you try these and any adaptations you make!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those sound yummy, and experimenting with them will be fun!

    ReplyDelete