Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mango Salsa

I was planning a movie night with a small group of my friends and since I've been hearing a lot of grumbling about when I was going to make my famous Bitchin' BBQ Shrimp again I decided I might as well do it for movie night. For some reason I really wanted to make Mango Salsa to go with it. I don't usually serve this salsa with my shrimp, but mango's have been on sale a lot lately and I happened to have two of them that were ready to be eaten, and I figured it would probably go well with the shrimp especially if we made them into tacos. I will of course follow this post up with a post for the shrimp...they deserve their own post after all, they are that good!

Mango Salsa

2 ripe mangos chopped (small chunks are best)
1 lg. cerano chili (seeded & chopped)*
6 green onions, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
juice of 3 limes
juice of 3 oranges, or 3 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
1/4 bunch of cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Mix and serve.

*1 chili will make it just have a slight spicy bite to it, still pretty mild, you can adjust the heat of your salsa by adding another 1/2 or 1 whole chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment