Monday, June 8, 2009

Chili Rubbed Pork Chops

It's grilling season around here, well, let's be honest, in California it's almost always grilling season! We don't have many months where we can't get out to the yard to fire up the grill, but around our house we still tend to follow the basic grilling season timeline. Anyway, almost every recipe I make during the summer months, I think through if I can grill it. Here, there was no thinking, grilling was a must with the chili rub I put on these pork chops! I served these up with some baked zucchini fries which were a great compliment!

Chili Rubbed Pork Chops

20 oz. lean pork loin, or chops
2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. table salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

In a small bowl, combine spices. Lay pork chops out on a plate and rub with spice mixture on both sides. Place pork chops in fridge for 1-24 hours. Coat grill with cooking spray and heat to medium. Grill pork chops until done (internal temperature reads 160 degrees)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! We love spicy and this looks like it might have a nice heat to it!

    And baked zucchini fries? I want that recipe next, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a little spicy, if you really want some heat on it though, I'd add a little more chili powder...it was relatively mild in my opinion. Zucchini Fries recipe coming soon!

    ReplyDelete