Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baked Zucchini Fries

A couple of posts ago (the Chili Rubbed Pork Chops post) I mentioned that I had made some zucchini fries to go along with the chops and so I figured I'd post that recipe as well for those who were interested. And since it seems like I've been on a small zucchini kick with the soup in my previous post!

Baked Zucchini Fries

1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 tbsp. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup panko style bread crumbs
2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks and then into strips
2 large egg whites, whipped until frothy

Preheat oven to 425 oven. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning, flour and salt. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dredge the zucchini in the flour mixture, then dip in egg whites, and finish by dredging in the breadcrumbs. Place coated zucchini on coated baking sheet and repeat until all the zucchini is done. Spray top of zucchini with cooking spray and roast in oven for approx. 12 minutes, or until done and crispy on the outside.

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few days ago and it was perfect timing! The zucchini in my garden is growing like crazy and I was looking for ideas. I've made these twice in the last three days! Thanks for the idea Lindsay. :-)

    The only thing I did differently was to use cornmeal in place of the panko crumbs, since I'm allergic to wheat... still good and very crunchy! My father in law also suggested adding grated Parmesan cheese to the breading, which I'll try next time.

    ReplyDelete