Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bitchin' BBQ Shrimp

I guess I would have to say that this is my signature dish. This is one of the dishes that people request from me the most and it sometimes becomes an event the first time I make them for the summer. They got their name from the very first time I served them. One of my friends took their first bite and exclaimed: "These are Bitchin' Shrimp!" And yes, yes they are!

Bitchin' BBQ Shrimp

1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp. Tapatio (Tapatio is my favorite, but you could use any hot sauce)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. tomato paste
3-4 lbs. med. shrimp (peeled and deveined)

Mix all ingredients together, pour over cleaned shrimp. Marinate in refrigerator 1-4 hours. Skewer and BBQ over med. heat 4 minutes per side, or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment