Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Turkey & Spinach Meatballs

I bought a spaghetti squash at the store this week, it's one of the first squashes that I ever actually enjoyed eating, but now, really love. I wanted to use it up for one of my dinners this week, but did still want to include some sort of protein so I found this recipe for Turkey and Spinach meatballs. I actually made the meatballs up the night before so all I had to do was heat them up in some sauce and cook the spaghetti squash and my quick dinner was ready to go!

Turkey & Spinach Meatballs

1 lb. ground turkey
2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
1 small onion, grated
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs (if I'd had whole wheat, I'd have used that instead of regular)
1/4 cup parmessan cheese
1 splash of milk
non-stick spray

In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs and parmessan and milk to form a sort of paste. Add the turkey, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and spinach. Gently combine all ingredients together. Roll into 1-2 inch balls, place on a pan sprayed with non-stick spray, spray top of meatballs with non-stick spray as well. Cook 20-25 minutes in a 375 oven. Flip half way through so both sides get slightly brown.

Add to spaghetti sauce and heat through. Serve over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - had to try again. Very creative, looks yummy! I love spaghetti squash. I just bought an acorn squash this week.

    ReplyDelete