Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sweet & Tangy Salmon

So, this week the grocery store had salmon on sale, so I picked up a medium sized fillet to use sometime during the week. I was perusing my new favorite recipe site and found this recipe for salmon that is low in calories. I have to admit that I liked it ok, I think that I prefer my salmon with more natural flavors of just garlic and lemon, but this was a nice way to change up my usual go to fish recipe. I think I might try this with soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce next time...

Sweet & Tangy Salmon

2 - 4oz. salmon fillets
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 -1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste, I like spicy foods, so I used about 1/2 tsp.)
salt and pepper (to taste)

Whisk honey, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Season salmon with salt and pepper, place in skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side. Before you flip the salmon over, drizzle half of the honey mixture on the salmon. Drizzle remaining honey mixture on second side.

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this one before, but it looks like quite a few of my comments have disappeared for some reason. Anyway, this sounds great, I always need ideas for salmon!

    ReplyDelete