Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tri-Color Tuna Salad

I was in the mood for a tunafish sandwich tonight, but wanted to shake it up a little bit and try something new at the same time. Again, I looked through the veggie crisper to see what we had and decided to go with a tri-color tuna salad. I think it tasted pretty good and was definitely not your average tuna salad. The mixture of the chopped vegetables makes the mixture spread a little further than usual and I loved the crunch of the carrots and spicy bits of the red onion were a nice touch.

Tri-Color Tuna Salad

1 can tuna in water, drained
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 small dill pickle, chopped
2-3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1-2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2-1 tsp. Mrs. Dash original blend

Mix it all together, adjust seasoning to taste. Spread 1/4 - 1/2 of the mixture on a slice of bread, top with lettuce and slices of tomato and top with another slice of bread.

1 comment:

  1. My tuna is always so boring, this sounds much better.
    My comment on your last post has disappeared! ?? How strange.

    ReplyDelete