Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Asian Chili Chicken

So, I had to make dinner on the fly tonight. My roommate had taken out some chicken, but wasn't able to make dinner for us, so...I flew into improv mode. I think that when it comes to chicken, the two easiest ways to fix it is either BBQ or an Asian version. For tonight, I chose Asian and sort of made it up as I went along.

Asian Chili Chicken

5-6 green onions
2-3 Tbsp. oil
6 chicken thighs
1 tsp. garlic chili paste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sugar
salt
water

Chop green onions but keep green sections separate. Heat oil in pan, add green onions and chili paste. Saute in pan for about 1 min. Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides until golden. Add soy sauce, sugar, salt and enough water to submerge the chicken. Boil until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced and thickened.

Serve chicken over rice with extra sauce and sprinkled green onion tops.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sounds so good! That Asian chicken thing I tried a couple of weeks ago did not work out. I'll have to try this one instead.

    ReplyDelete