Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spicy Black Beans w/Zucchini

I've been trying to find new and healthier recipes lately, as I'm trying my best to make sure what I eat has the fewest amount of calories but make a great filler. I saw this recipe on another blog I've been following [GreenLiteBites] and since this week I had taco night, I decided to try this one out since beans are a great healthy option. I'll be following up with another blog with my new Taco Seasoning that I made the same night, so stay tuned!

This could be used as a side dish, or as an extra filing for your tacos. The next day I heated some up and topped a salad with them and some extra salsa which tasted great!

Spicy Black Beans w/Zucchini

1 cup canned black beans
1/8 cup vidalia onions, chopped
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. salsa

Spray a medium sauce pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion, cook until soft.

Add zucchini and sprinkle with spices. Stir in beans and salsa. Lower heat and stir occasionally until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I like black beans, this sounds like a good way to spice them up a bit.

    ReplyDelete