Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Night Pasta

This is what I might also call a fridge cleaner pasta. I had a tough workout at the gym tonight, and I wanted to top off my week with a nice homemade dinner that was extra filling but easy. So, I looked through the fridge and freezer to see what we had. I started chopping and cooking away and this is what I came up with.



Friday Night Pasta

2 tsp olive oil
2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), finely chopped

1/2 cup(s) onion(s)

1 cup(s) mushroom(s), sliced

1 cup(s) zucchini, quartered and sliced

1 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes

6 oz cooked shrimp

4 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta

1 oz romano cheese, shredded finely

1 tbsp Italian seasoning

Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and onions, saute until clear and tender. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add can of diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes. If the sauce seems to thick add a small amount of water. Add in shrimp and continue simmering until shrimp is cooked through and sauce is at a consistency that you want.

Serve over cooked pasta, and sprinkle some of the shredded romano cheese over the vegetables and shrimp mixture.


I think there are enough vegetables in the sauce to count as your "vegetable" for this meal, but I enjoy salads, so I served this pasta with a side garden salad and it was a very satisfying meal! This would also be an easy vegetarian option, just leave out the shrimp.


1 comment:

  1. Very creative, and it sounds like it would taste nice and fresh too.

    ReplyDelete