Thursday, January 8, 2009

A kicky Spinach & Pistachio Salad

I love the kick that the japapeno jelly gives this salad and the pistachio nuts are a new salad addition that I hadn't thought of using before which is funny because I do love pistachio nuts and I can't resist a recipe that uses my favorite (gorgonzola) cheese!


Spinach & Pistachio Salad

adapted from Cooking Light
6 servings (serving size: 1 cup spinach mixture and 2 teaspoons nuts)

1/4 cup red jalapeno pepper jelly
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
dry-roasted pistachios

Place jelly in a microwave safe measuring cup or container. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Add cider vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cool to room temperature.

Combine spinach, red onion and cheese in a large bowl or arrange on a platter. Drizzle vinegar mixture over spinach mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I think the gorgonzola cheese with the jalapeno jelly is an ingenious combo.

    ReplyDelete