Sunday, January 18, 2009

Breakfast Smoothies



A few days this week I was on quite a smoothie kick. My favorite combination though was the Raspberry/Banana/Mango. The first morning I used our blender, and it worked just fine, however, it causes more cleanup, so the next couple of days that I made smoothies, I used the hand blender which was fantastic. Put everything you want into a cup, and stick the hand blender in to mix it. So easy.


Raspberry Banana Mango Smoothie
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
frozen raspberries and mango
1/2 fresh banana
2 T. Flaxseed with dried blueberries
1/4 - 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk

place yogurt in bottom of a large glass, put in frozen fruit and fresh banana. Sprinkle flaxseed over fruit and pour almond milk on top. Add the milk a little at a time, just want enough to thin it little. Mix with hand blender until smooth.

The vanilla almond milk has enough sweetness in it that you shouldn't need to add any sweetener to it, but if the combination seems to tart for your taste, try adding a T. of honey.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this the other morning, and it was sooo good! Makes you feel good to start your day so healthy.

    ReplyDelete