Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Vegetable Pizza

I managed to make it to the Farmer's Market for the first time this year yesterday afternoon. My roommates are out of town this weekend and so I decided that while I had the chance to experiment on my own, I'd pick up some fresh veggies to play with. One of the items I picked up was some eggplant. Now, I've cooked with eggplant before, but I've been pretty limited in preparation of them so far...in that I've only made them as eggplant parmesan. So, here's my first attempt at an alternative dish for eggplant!

Summer Vegetable Pizza

1 whole wheat pizza dough
1 small zucchini
1 small eggplant
3 small tomatoes
1/2 lemon
1 green onion
handful of basil
4 oz. goat cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper

Slice all of your veggies into thin rounds. Roll out pizza dough and put onto pan or pizza stone. Mix room temperature goat cheese with juice from the lemon, salt and pepper. Spread onto pizza dough. Sprinkle with slivers of basil. Spread rounds of vegetables in concentric circles. drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with green onions, salt and pepper. Bake in pre-heated oven at 450 for 10-15 minutes.

This is another of those pizza's where you could substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand and it will be great! The goat cheese, lemon and basil almost make it a little sweet, so the summer vegetables worked great with that combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment