Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Macadamia Nut Pork Chops

Last night was one of those nights where I didn't know what I was going to make before I got home from work. I did know that I was going to throw together some mango salsa since I had two very ripe mango's ready to be used and some jalapeno's ready to be picked in the garden. But, I had asked my roommate to pick up either some fish or pork to go with it. So, when I got home, I had to throw something together!

Macadamia Nut Pork Chops

5 Pork cutlets
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup flower
3 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup macadamia nuts (crushed)
Salt
Pepper

Mix bread crumbs and nuts together in one plate, mix mustard and olive oil in small bowl, set up egg, flower, mustard & oil mixture, and bread crumb & nut mixture into "dipping" stations. Season pork cutlets with salt and pepper, dip into egg wash, then flower, smear a dollop of mustard mixture on each side and coat with nut mixture.

Grill over low-med. heat for approx. 5 minutes per side. Serve along side brown rice and mango salsa if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment