Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Margarita Salmon

I picked up a great deal on salmon this week at the grocery store so I had pulled out a couple of fillets to grill up tonight for dinner. When I got into my office this morning, my co-worker had brought in a huge bag of Mexican limes so I started thinking about what I could do with all of those limes...margarita marinated salmon sounded perfect! I served the salmon along side some seasoned grilled baby red potatoes and sauteed snow peas. It was a perfect meal!

Margarita Salmon

1 tsp. lime zest
3-4 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. tequila
2 tsp. sugar (or sugar substitute)
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. orange juice concentrate
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 salmon fillets

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-lock bag; add fish to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Wrap in foil packets and grill over low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.

1 comment: