Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bodacious Broccoli Salad

This is one of my favorite salads and it's a great potluck-pleaser. I actually got this recipe from my former roommate Julie so I hope she doesn't mind me sharing! This isn't actually a very "healthy" salad, however, I think there are definitely ways to lighten it up. Like using turkey bacon instead of regular, making sure to use low-fat cheese and mayo, etc.

Anyway, we made a batch of this up for our Memorial Day BBQ this past weekend and thankfully we still have some left over so I can have a scoop for lunch today! The recipe says it serves 12, but I think you will actually get more like 15 servings out of it. Hopefully you can find a time this summer to try it out!

Bodacious Broccoli Salad
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 heads of broccoli (approx. 3-4 cups), chopped into sm. florets
1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups golden raisins

Dressing: (mix together)
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice

Combine bacon, broccoli, onion, cheese and raisins. Pour combined dressing over salad. Mix everything together and chill.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds really yummy! It would definitely be a great summer barbeque dish!

    ReplyDelete