Saturday, April 11, 2009

Potato Nachos

Here's another recipe I found in the Weight Watchers cookbook. I had the day off on Friday so I had a little more time to relax and experiment with some new recipes in the kitchen. I decided to make this one as a snack right before lunch. I highly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it as a lower calorie Mexican fix.

Potato Nachos

1 large baking potato, scrubbed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat pepper Jack cheese
1 scallion, thinly sliced
Fat-free sour cream (optional)

Cut the potato crosswise into 3/8 " slices; arrange in a single layer in a microwavable dish. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, then prick a few holes in the plastic to vent. Microwave on High until tender, about 6 minutes.

Sprinkle the tomato evenly over the potato slices and top with the beans, pepper Jack, and scallion. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium until the cheese melts, 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Serve with sour cream, if using. This makes 2 servings.

The only thing I changed about this recipe is that I used black bean instead of pinto, because that's what I had in the cupboard.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! and I am always looking for ways to use potatoes. Definitely going to try this one. It kind of reminds me of the Irish Nachos they used to sell at Carrows, about 10 years ago - Ryan and I loved them. But this is SO much healthier, and sounds delicious too.
    Thanks Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete